“User”, “you” or “your” refers to the person, company or organization that visits our website and “Cryptix”, “we” or “us” refers to Cryptix AG as further specified in section 3 of these terms.
2. Who we are
Cryptix AG is a Swiss company located at Bundesstrasse 5, CH-6300 Zug, with commercial registry no. CHE-361.505.762, that controls the collection and processing of any personal data that you provide to us in relation to this website.
3. What information we collect
Information is gathered from you in a range of ways that are outlined below:
3.1 Information you give us
We collect personal data directly from you as follows:
- When you sign up to receive news services, we may ask you to provide your contact (e.g. e-mail address) as well as your communication preferences;
- When you use our website or one of our online services we collect information about your visit and how you interact with our website;
- When you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply and with respect to ongoing customer support.
3.2 Information we collect from third parties
Most of the personal data that we collect about you will be information that you provide to us voluntarily. In some circumstances we may also receive information from:
- other Cryptix entities;
- regulatory bodies;
- public sources;
- other companies providing services to us.
3.3 Information automatically collected from your use of website
When you use our website, we may automatically collect, store and use technical information about your equipment and interaction with our website. This information is sent from your computer to us.
4. How we use your information
4.1 Use of your information
We will only use your personal data fairly and where we have a lawful reason to do so. Our use of your personal data depends on how and where you interact with us.
We may use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of services – To enable us to perform the services to you – to carry out our contractual obligations relating to you, to manage our relationship with you which will also include notifying you about changes to our service and changes to our terms or policies.
Legal basis: It is necessary for us to process your information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
- Support services – To enable us to respond to your requests in accordance with the content of your request.
Legal basis: It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best client service we can to you or others.
- Marketing communications – To provide news and information services including e-mail briefings and newsletters.
Legal basis: We will only send you marketing communications where you have consented and expressed a preference to receive such marketing communications, where it is appropriate and relevant to our business relationship with you, or where we have other lawful right to do so.
- User insight and analysis – To collect insights into how you interact with our services so that we can personalise our communications with you and maintain and improve our websites and services.
Legal basis: Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we deliver our website and online services to you and our other clients effectively. Where lawfully required, we may also process your personal information in accordance with your consent to the processing.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at: [email protected].
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
4.2 Right to withdraw consent.
Where the legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can exercise this right by contacting us on: [email protected], by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button on our marketing emails or by choosing a similar opt-out option that we may provide for you to exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data.
5. How we store and secure your personal data
Where applicable, your personal data is collected and processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (GDPR), the Swiss Data Protection Act (BDSG) and Article 13 of the Swiss Federal Constitution. This is a rule we apply for our customers throughout the world. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
5.1 Transferring your information outside of the European Economic Area
6. Personal data retention
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or reporting obligations or to assert or defend against legal claims.
In some circumstances, certain personal data can be removed on your request. Also, note that due to technical limitations, the data may not be removed instantly. Please contact us for further information: [email protected]
7. To whom we disclose your personal data
We may also share your personal data with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when:
- compelled by subpoena, court order, or other valid legal procedure;
- we believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity;
- we obtain your consent or at your instruction.
We may also disclose certain personal data to our current or future affiliates, subsidiaries and other related entities, as well as to our operational and business partners and sub-contractors when this is necessary for the performance and execution of any contract we enter into with them or you.
8. Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
10. What rights you have regarding your personal data
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to request that we provide you access to your personal data held by us.
- Request correction of your personal data: You have the right to request correction of any personal data we hold on you that is inaccurate, incorrect, or out of date.
- Request erasure of your personal data: You have the right to request deletion of your data when it is no longer necessary, or no longer subject to legal obligations to which we are subject to. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data: You have the right to request that we cease processing some of your personal data, such as personal data processed for direct marketing purposes. Also, you have the right to object to solely automated processing and to profiling activities based on our own legitimate interests.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (for example, while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
- Request transfer of your personal data: You have the right to request an export of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you have provided your consent to our processing of personal data, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
Requests are generally free of charge and we try to respond to all legitimate requests within two weeks. However, we may take more time and/or charge a fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may also need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us through email: [email protected]
Our contact information:
Chairman of the Board of Directors: Bernhard Koch
Member of the Board of Directors: Anja Frauwallner
Director: Armin Reiter
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +41 41 725 02 50
If you believe that the processing of your data violates data privacy law or that your data privacy rights have been violated in some other way, you can also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority (see https://bit.ly/2UFW5JS ). In Switzerland this is the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), who can be contacted via the following form: https://bit.ly/2UyCBa8. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the authorities, so please contact us in the first instance.
© Cryptix (December, 2023)